Try These 9 Amazing Low Cholesterol Breakfast Ideas to Start Your Day Right!
Dealing with high cholesterol can be pretty challenging, especially when it comes to food options. Not that it’s easy in other terms, of course. It’s just that meal planning can get a bit hard to manage. That is why starting your day with a delicious, low-cholesterol breakfast and a healthy dose of exercise is the best way to go.And don’t worry, you no longer have to scour the internet to find what you’re looking for. In this blog, we’ve listed nine of the easiest yet scrumptious breakfast menu items fit for someone with high cholesterol.
Low Cholesterol Breakfast Ideas
Looking for early morning menu inspiration? Don’t worry; we’ve got you! Mentioned below are some simple low-cholesterol breakfast ideas. The best part? They don’t require a lot of time and effort. You can either prepare them the night before or quickly whip them up in the morning; it’s totally your call!
- Almond MilkAlmonds are miracle nuts. They’re packed with healthy fats, magnesium, fiber, and tons of essential vitamins! This makes them the perfect snacking option for people with LDL cholesterol. That is precisely why almond milk is the ideal replacement for high-fat dairy milk.
- Avocado ToastBesides the high fame and trendiness, mashed avocado on crispy toasted bread is amazing for your health. Not only does it taste divine, but it’s also super easy to prepare when you’re running low on time.
- Banana Oatmeal PancakesRegular pancakes are high in gluten and carbs. But with this whole wheat and oatmeal replacement, you’ve got yourself a killer recipe. Just mix together whole wheat pancake mix with some oatmeal, nuts, and mashed bananas for true deliciousness.
- Bran CerealWholegrains in your cereal is an excellent way to get your daily intake of fiber, vitamin a, and vitamin c. An all-bran cereal is yummy, convenient, and easy to dress up for a filling meal in the morning.
- Bran MuffinsIf cereal is not your food of choice, don’t worry. Bran muffins make up for the blandness of the main ingredient. You can bake yourself a tray of these sweet muffins with some applesauce and fresh chunks of apple, banana, or berries.
- French Toast with PearsPears are known to lower cholesterol levels in general. However, rather than having them as is, you can use these sweet and crispy fruits for something much more fun. With slices of whole wheat bread, sliced pears, and a dash of cinnamon, you can make the best french toast ever! (One that’s healthy as well).
- Fresh Smoothie BowlThere’s nothing better than digging into fresh fruits in the morning. So much so that you can easily fix yourself a fresh smoothie bowl. Just blend your favorite frozen fruits with a splash of almond milk and then scoop it into a bowl. You can also top it with fresh fruits or nuts of your choice if you want.
- Smoked SalmonSalmon is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential when it comes to boosting your HDL cholesterol. Plus, salmon is super tasty. All you have to do is smoke it and sprinkle it with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes for that extra flavor.
- OatmealAlthough bland, oatmeal is hands down one of the best breakfast foods you can have. There’s just so much room for creativity. You can garnish it with the toppings you like and make it whichever way you prefer. Whether it’s with milk or water, the options are endless!
What’s The Takeaway?
All in all, starting your day with a low-cholesterol breakfast will help set the day for greatness. Getting your daily share of filling meals is a must, especially when dealing with a chronic health condition. For more information and treatment plans, contact NorthWest Cardiovascular Clinic at (281) 807-5253.
Take the next step towards a healthy heart
Request an appointment by clicking the button below or call our office staff at (281) 807-5253